Saturday 3 October 2009

_Bleached 501's





I found these bleached jeans in a vintage shop in Leeds, I had to rummage through a box to find them but it really paid off! Were only £5 which I thought was a right bargain! I think they look like clouds which is dreamy, for S/S 09 JCdC used a similar idea for one of his main prints.

I cropped the plain white vintage tee making it more wearable and 80's. Moschino belt: thrift shop. Pirate socks: Worlds End. Roman 3 straps: Vivienne Westwood made to order. Knuckleduster & Penis drop pendant: Vivienne Westwood. Kilt pin earrings: I made.



The jeans reminded me of this photo I saw in Gavin Watson's 'Skins and Punks' book. There are some inspirational images of young skinheads in the years following the explosive movement of 1976.

2 comments:

  1. Which vintage store in Leeds? I miss Ryans! You look well hot babycakes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one in Hyde Park corner, called best vintage. ta love!xmwax

    ReplyDelete